November 14, 2016

2017 Gear Purchases

I have been a shimano stradic user for 18 years.  I am changing reels for 2017.  The stradic bale spring has failed in the last three shimano reels. They didn't even make an entire season.

I purchased a Battle II 3000 for pike last year and it handled 2 40 inch pike with no problem.

I will be buying three Penn Battle II reels shortly.  One in the 4000 series and 2 in the 2500 series.

The T handles on these reels are amazing and give you control immediately upon hook up.

Still staying with my fenwick rods.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Admittedly I have yet to have a bail spring break on any of my Stradics, these Battle II's are quite reasonably priced and I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. springs became weak and would only close bail every other time and never during cold weather.

    ReplyDelete